LOEHRKE is developing new methods in the disinfection technology to meet the present requirements in economics and hygiene.
The LOEHRKE chlorine dioxide double system "CDES DuoDIS" combines the advantages of a drinking water compliant and a material-friendly chlorine dioxide generation in a single system.
The chlorine dioxide system CDES DuoDIS is capable of preparing two chlorine dioxide solutions (blueDIS and yellowDIS) with different properties.
Drinking water compliant with blueDIS
The ClO2 solution designated as blueDIS is prepared from sodium chloride (NaClO2) and hydrochloric acid (HCl). It is permitted for the treatment of drinking water and can be produced very inexpensively.
Material-friendly plant disinfection with yellowDIS
The second solution is yellowDIS and is used for equipment disinfection. The use of media having a chloride content of 50 mg/l can even cause corrosion in stainless steel. Therefore, many customers want to keep the chloride content in the process water as low as possible. For this reason LOEHRKE has developed a virtually chloride-free ClO2 process that replaces the hydrochloric acid (HCl), which is responsible for the chloride supply, with sulfuric acid (H2SO4). Since chlorine dioxide generated from sulfuric acid is not approved for the treatment of drinking water, the yellowDIS solution may only be used for system disinfection(e.g. conveyor lubrication, filler flushing, CIP, cooling water treatment). A drinking water treatment still requires the blueDIS solution. The strict separation of the blueDIS and yellowDIS generation and dosing ensures that there is no mixing of the two solutions.
The CDES DuoDIS combines the advantages of a drinking water compliant and material-friendly chlorine dioxide generation in a single system. The ClO2 system can be set up centrally, for example in the chemical storage, and it supplies the injection points via the connected dosing pumps. Two dosing pumps are already pre-installed on the CDES DuoDIS. Other dosing modules can be connected optionally. The necessary points of withdrawal on the daytime chemical tank are already prepared at the factory.
- no risk of corrosion
- removes biofilm and prevents formation
- flexibly usable and extendable
- drinking water compliant
- pressureless, safe process
- low operating costs
- low-cost production
- high safety standard
- reliable technology
- low maintenance
- process visualization on color touchscreen
- A ClO2 system generates two different disinfectants
- blueDIS - drinking water compliant (and low-cost)
- yellowDIS - low chloride (generation with sulfuric acid instead of hydrochloric acid) - material-friendly
- nitric acid (HNO3) is possible as an alternative acid component
- no mixing of blueDIS and yellowDIS possible
- two dosing pumps are pre-installed on the system, more can be connected optionally
- reading of the measured values directly on the display (CDES or ClO2 Guard)
- Outputs (analog, Profibus, Ethernet) can be integrated optionally
Any questions? We will gladly advise you,